- The body problems from yesterday are FIXED! Yah!
- I want to go for a long run (15 km) today but my legs have been really sore lately, esp the ITB/knee area. It’s a weird pain, not like DOMS but mainly achey at night. I think the sensible thing to do is cut down on the distance today and make an appointment to see my physio this week. Also I prolly need new running shoes.
- I went to the local YMCA gym yesterday using my pass for the Active Families Challenge. They have a program that is like personal training but 5 x 30 min sessions of boxing. Only trouble is it’s $175. I really don’t have that money to spare atm on account of going overseas and also that would pay for new running shoes! What I really need is just someone to box with – if anyone has done some boxing (I’m not real good at it but know the basics) and wants to met up once a week to train with me, let me know.
- Oh, they do have a boxing class at the gym but it’s one of the classes that allows teenagers. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that.
- I’ve been eating badly the past 2 days. Mostly because people keep giving me food. I really need to work on NOT eating yummy food just because it’s offered to me. Well except for Andy’s homemade apple crumble (from his homegrown apples) cos that would be a severe neglection of motherly duty if I didn’t eat it 🙂
- When I was in my mid 20s I lost a lot of weight. Having been overweight (100+ kgs) most of my adult life, I got down to the thinnest I’d ever been. I felt good and healthy and strong. Then shit happened and I regained all the weight. I struggled for years and years – just wanting to get back to that size. I was thinking about this yesterday and realised that my thinnest, mid 20s weight was 90 kgs. I am below that now and not happy with my weight but once that was my dream.
Lots of fun planned for today – a shorter run then housecleaning and cooking.