Hmmm, funny stuff – after mentioning a particular airline in my post yesterday, I got two comments from ppl who’d never commented on my blog before saying how good that airline is. Even stranger – both from the same IP address. Do people actually get paid to talk up companies on people’s blogs? I reckon I could work reading and commenting on blogs all day… yeah not much different to what I do now!
Since I’ve been trying to make a chart with star sticker, I’ve been struggling a bit over what consistutes healthy eating so I thought I’d post up my golden rules of weight loss to remind myself. These are the things that work for me:
- Drink water. Lots of water. Everyone says it so it must be true — and it really does help. Normally I’m good esp when I’m at work but not so good at home. Must take green tea etc to work as well.
- Eat breakfast. If I eat late at night then I’m not hungry when I wake up but eating breakfast is important, eating at night is NOT (esp easter eggs… esp Andy’s easter eggs he left here…)
- Keep a food diary. I always think I’m okay not doing this but the reality is when I don’t, I put on weight. When I do, I lose weight. I don’t think you need to be a rocket scientist to work that one out. You don’t even need to be a paper airplane scientist.
- Don’t eat sugar. Sugar = sugar cravings.
- Don’t eat when not hungry. Don’t eat food I don’t want.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise. And don’t overeat because “I’m working it off”.
That’s about it. Oh, have I mentioned protein? I’m getting all forgetful in my old age, not remembering if I’ve posted stuff. People used to always say to eat protein because it fills you up and I was like *scoff* as if being filled up would stop me eating! But lately I’ve been adding protein powder to stuff and it really works. Like I’ll have half a serve of protein powder with a small serve of brekkie then be so full I skip my first morning coffee (the one I get to drink on the tram). I can look at food and really not feel like eating it! Miracle.
Of course, my diet was very deficient in protein before – I was lucky to get 30 grams a day – so don’t think this will work miracles for you if you’re hoeing into a massive steak for dinner every night. Like all supplements, they only work if you’re actually supplement something.