Well 86.3 kgs this morning. That’s a net loss of 0.7 kgs. Yikes, that’s not very good.
It gets worse – I decided today I’ll go to try and eat mostly unprocessed foods this month. About 10 mins later my boss got back from a meeting with a bundle of goodies for me – not just goodies but miniature goodies. I’m a sucker for anything miniature. A wee little muffin and a wee little danish and a couple of teensy biscuits. I could have not eaten them but I did.
Today was my last day at that job. We went out for drinks after work. Woohoo, I never go out for work drinks being a contractor and not invited along to that kind of stuff. I just had a glass of bubbly then headed home but it was good to get asked.
After that I had a smart thinking thing, cos sometimes my brain is good for more than just stopping my head from caving in. I walked home via Gertrude St and Smith St to see if I could find the shoemaker. I didn’t find them but it was a good idea.
I had another smart idea too. Last weekend I was getting a coffee at the bakery in the local shopping centre and they had a book of their cakes. I thought it’d be funny to get Andy a Sponge Bob Squarepants cake for his 21st (he loves Sponge Bob) but there are $40-50. And that’s just a cake with a plaque thing on it. So then I thought of just buying a plaque.
But then – genius! I’m going to make him a Sponge Bob cake. Oh yeah. I used to make really amazing cakes. I made a fairy castle for my sister with towers cooked in tin cakes then topped with paper lace doilies and marshmellow decorations. I made an Ernie from Sesame St cake and a Garfield cake. I’m sure Sponge Bob will be relatively easy. After all he’s mainly square and yellow. Don’t worry, there will be photos aplenty of the efforts, be they good or bad.
Oh yeah and I have a bit of a dilemma at the moment:
I hired an exercise bike over 3 months ago and I meant to send it back when the 3 months were up but forgot. Then I decided since I’d be billed for the next month, I might as well keep it until the month is up. Last night I checked my credit card account and they’d taken out another 3 months rent.
So today I called them. I figured they’d say it was in the small print so stiff but the guy was really nice. He said I could sent it back any time and they’d pro-rata refund me.
So far, so good. But then he said they were having a sale on exercise equipment and for an extra $180 on top of the rent already paid I could keep it forever.
I told him I’d get back to him on Monday. Since this is the 21st century, I thought I’d do what people do in these modern times and open it up for blog discussion 😀
- Gettting a fairly decent exercise bike for an extra $180.
- The local gym is crapola for cardio equipment and I really like to have non-running cardio options. They only have treadies, cross trainer and really crappy bikes (like the pedals don’t even turn properly or else recumbant (sp?) bikes). This bike is much better than the ones they have that are like garage sale rejects
- I’m used to this one.
- I wouldn’t have to organise/pay a courier to take it back ($50) or try to get the thing to my car then in the car and drive across town.
- I like exercising at home. I can do it in my pjs.
- Exercise bike = boring (although doing intervals makes it less so also if I had less crappy speakers could watch dvds on the laptop at the same time).
- I’m trying to reduce my exercise spending.
- Only have my bedroom to store it. I could put it in the lounge room but then crappy housemates would try to talk to me while exercising.
- It’s kinda ugly – but if it was mine I could make it prettier with glitter etc.
Originally I was thinking it would work out to be about $730 then realised that I couldn’t add the first 4 months rent into that because that’s paid so it’d work out to a difference of $360 if I kept it compared to sending it back now (ie. 6 months rent + $180 less 4 months rent). Oh yeah and then take off $50 for courier fees so that’s $310 for the bike.