So much going on at the moment:
- We did a 21 km training run last night. I’d set my goal time for the half at 2.5 hrs. We took last night’s run at a very easy pace with lots of walk breaks (and toilet breaks), not wanting to push my injuried leg (and resulting decline in cardio fitness) to hard and managed the 21 ks in 2 hours and 25 mins. That is totally awesome and looks like I need to set a new goal.
- Had planned to go to dinner then a drag show after the run but ended up at our fave cafe until after closing, hanging out with the owners and staff with bottles of champagne and cake magically appearing on the table -awesome night with many chuckles.
- On the way to dinner, I ran into a guy from my editing class. We don’t see each other much – both being slack-arsed waggers and he asked me if I’d lost a lot of weight this year! Dude, I’ve put on weight this year – but that is totally awesome.
- I went to the hairdressers to get my hair cut this morning. I’d not been to this hairdressers before and they were great. They made excellent coffee too which was awesome since I felt a bit seedy after the night’s champagne drinking.
- On the way home I found some awesome ceramic latte cups for cheap in a shop so got 2 – pink for me and green for my sister. We will use them for chai and hot chocolate because we always go out for coffee (the traders of the Westgarth strip would have nightmares if we stopped).
- As well as going to Draculas theatre restuarant for my birthday (I’ve never been to a theatre restuarant before and I think I need to try it once in my life), we’ve decided to go to the Red Door Burlesque show on my birthday night. Woohoo!
- Also, how much does the weather rock for my birthday month? I love having a birthday in September – it’s like all of nature is coming alive to celebrate me (and M and Mary and Sarah). I especially love all the cherry blossoms. I’m crazy about them and will buy anything with cherry blossoms on it.
- There are two awesome courses at Adult Ed I want to enrol in – hula hooping (inspired by the Sydney girls) and
Sculpting the Perfect Body with Donna Ashton. I’d like to do Japanese as well. There was also a cupcake course but it’s about cooking them – I just want to do cupcake appreciation.
That’s about it, life is good.
ps. I forgot one other awesome thing until I read Andrew’s blog – I got my run number for the half. I love getting my race kits, it makes it feel so real (also ordered a tee shirt off the site so I’m totally committed now).