Since I’m such an expert at consuming large quantities of apples, I thought I’d share some handy tips:
- Only buy Pink Ladies. They are the superior apples by far. I cry if they don’t have them at the fruit place.
- Grate apple over your breakfast cereal. I started doing this with my bircher muesli and now I do it with all cereals. Yummy.
- Take an apple in your bag for morning tea and another one for after the gym.
- Cut up apple slices and put some yoghurt into a bowl to use as a dip.
- Have a bowl of apples handy and all other snacks not handy. If I have the choice of grabbing an apple from beside or walking to the kitchen to make a snack, no way will I move. I’m far too lazy for that.
- If they have apples and other fruit in the cheap sell-out bags at the fruit place, buy up and make stewed fruit for topping your cereal and making easy, peasy desserts.
- Eat an apple to stay your stomach while waiting for dinner to cook.
See it’s simple to eat 4 kgs of apples a week. The hard bit is carrying them home from the market!