I saw the funniest thing at the gym today – have you ever watched people do Body Jam class? It reminded me of that Fat Boy Slim video from a few years ago. The instructor was getting so into it but he just looked so wrong. I was trying to do my stretches but I kept cracking up.
Lately, there have been some things bugging me about my gym. Do these things annoy anyone else:
- Instructors who rush through the stretches at the end of the class? You always get told to told stretches for at least 20 secs so how come it’s okay to do a 5 sec quad stretch after spin class?
- Instructors who put on music so loud, you can’t hear them over it? I’ve been caught out a few times in spin class – I just follow the instructor and don’t realise they are showing us what NOT to do.
- Or even the music in the gym being played really loud. Sometimes I have to have my ipod up full volume when I’m on the treadmill to drown out their shitty dance music. I’m sure that isn’t good for my ear health.
- Personal trainers who do their personal training close to my head when I’m stretching (or doing that lying on the mat trying to get the energy to get to the change room thing after stretching).
- Instructors who sing along with the music. Don’t. Just don’t.
- Instructors who want class participation. In the singing, not the exercise.
But I do like that we now have yummy Nivea apricot body wash in the showers instead of that generic soap stuff.